Friday, October 2, 2009

Monday October 5, 2009

There is a rest area on I-40 in Texas that Richard has wanted to stop at every time he has passed it. He never has until now. I wish that he would have done it without me...lol It is built into a mountain and has tornado shelters inside, which is really neat. It also has pretty views, but there is a HUGE downfall to the cute little rest area and that is.....RATTLESNAKES!!!! I told Richard that I NEVER want to stop there again, and I will of course NEVER stay there at night time, and I better not hear of him staying there either. As you pull up to the rest area, there is a sign that says watch for rattlesnakes, so of course I did not want to get out of the truck. I stomped my feet all the way to the door to make sure that they would stay away from me. I know people had to think that I was some poor little crazy person, but oh well. I have learned that while I am on the road no one knows who I am and will more than likely never see me again, so I really don't care if I make a fool of myself or not.

A sign outside of the rest area, and we had to walk right past it....ok well I ran, Richard stopped and took a picture, because I sure wasn't. It says to stay away from rocks, well they had rocks all the way to the door, so that was hard. So I pretty much ran til I got in the building.
The views from the back of the rest area

The pictures could have been a little better, but I was still shaking and watching for rattlesnakes, so I really never stopped walking long enough to take a good picture. I use to go in the yard with my dad if he found a snake and watch him kill it. I even killed a snake myself once, well I dug up the most of the yard trying to and I think my dad ended up taking the hoe away from me and killing it.....but hey I tried. Now you couldn't even get me to go near one. We had a snake in our yard a couple of summers ago and Richard was home to take care of it, but I still called my dad terrified told him to come take care of it. Richard had it killed of course by the time he got there, but I was scared to death and the only thing I knew was to call my dad....lol
The entrance
We went to Joe's Crab Shack in Amarillo, TX
Richard had never been.....
and he LOVED it!!!
but look at that poor little lobster! It was looking at me so pitiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment