Sunday, October 25, 2009

EMMA

OUR SWEET LITTLE EMMA! On October 18, 2009, Richard and I lost someone that was very close to our hearts. She was like a child to us...a member of the family, not just a pet. We got her in March of 2006. At the time we had Benny and Blizzard and our 2 cats Pugsly and Garfield, they were all males. I told Richard that I needed a girl dog, since I was surrounded my males. So he gave in and that's how we got Emma! She was 8 weeks old, and so cute! Emma and Pugsly became best friends over the next couple of months while we had her inside. Pugsly passed away on August 1, 2006. We were told that she was 1/2 german shephard and 1/2 lab, but as you can tell she is not. She looks like a mix of Dachshund Basset Hound. She howls like a basset, but runs as fast as a dachshund. She may not be what we thought, but that never changed the way we feel about her. Don't let her little short left fool you, she can get away from you in a second. I think that was her favorite thing to do was run away from you. She would run towards you and then right when she got to you, she would turn around and run the other direction, and she was smiling the whole time. She loved to play tricks, and especially to Richard. We have shared so many great memories with this wonderful dog. I hate that some cruel disease had to take her precious life. She will NEVER be forgotten or replaced. I know that she is up in Heaven right now running as fast as she can and playing with her dear old friend Pugsly. Even tho it hurts so bad, I thank God every day for bringing her into our lives and for giving us these past 3.5 wonderful years with her.
Some of these pictures are repeats from the post before this one, but I had to put them on here again. I wish that I could share all the ones of her, but they are on our desktop computer and we haven't transferred all the pictures to my laptop yet. I also have a picture of Emma and Pugsly on my fridge that I carried around with me the 3 days I was home. Pugsly in laying on the couch with his head in Richards lap and Emma (8 weeks old at the time) was standing over him trying to get Pugsly up to play! I love that picture and am so glad that I have that of the 2 of them.

She loved her brothers!
and also loved to aggravate them!



She looked so happy!



Please excuse the way that I look in these pictures, I put these on here because of Emma. This was the last time that we played with them before we left out the next morning. These were taken exactly 1 week before we lost her. I am just so glad that I decided to take the camera out with us that day to capture some last memories.
She loved giving Richard and I kisses!

Then she didn't want to get down so that I could love on the others. She was always the attention hog...lol

Smiling!!!
My Aunt Donna sent this to me the other day and I wanted to share it with all of you. Of course it made me cry to read, but when I get sad now I just think of this and it makes me feel better!
Thank you Donna!
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
WE LOVE YOU EMMA!
March 2006-October 2009

2 comments:

  1. I have found it extremely hard to write a comment on this posting..least I get all choked up and start crying again..a dog is truely pure unconditional love!! and to loose this is heart wrenching! ..I believe in the rainbow bridge , Boudreaux and Boo-Boo wait for me there..and now Emma for you..someday we will meet there and cross over together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and on a further note..(not meaning to sound sacreligous) should we three get to the "Pearly Gates" and be met by St. Peter saying.."no four legged animals"..well, that's all right too..cause, that would be NO heaven! The three of us love grilled pork chops and the devil has a charcole pit..just down the road!

    ReplyDelete