Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tuesday September 29, 2009

As close as we got to downtown Chicago!
Another doggie riding along.....this makes me miss my doggies so much more!
HAHA!!! People in Chicago forgot how to spell!
9.0 mpg....we have never been able to get gas mileage that high. Richard was so excited, it even got up to 9.4 for the last hour or so that we were driving last night.
Route 66.....we drove all along Route 66 today. We saw sign ever few miles that told you to exit if you wanted back on Route 66. I tried to get Richard to take it, but he wouldn't. It is going the same way that we are going too. We are going thru St Louis, Oklahoma City, and Amarillo, and that's the way Route 66 goes, but he won't do it. I figured if RV's travel it all the time, a big truck could fit right? I have already seen 2 signs that have advertised a Route 66 Diner, we did think about stopping there, but wasn't sure how far off the interstate it was. Maybe one of these days we can come to Chicago and start on Route 66 and follow it all the way to LA.

1 comment:

  1. Aaawwww!! I love the puppy picture! And I hope your anniversary is filled with happiness!

    ReplyDelete