Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Friday August 21, 2009

We finally dropped off our last load this morning at 3 and was able to head home. I talked Richard into going ahead and taking his truck to the shop to get it looked at. I thought that it would be a better idea to go ahead and do it now, instead of spending all day Monday there instead of driving. We got to Birmingham around 8 this morning and spent a little over 4 hours at the Kenworth Store. After 4 hours they decide to finally look at the note that Richard wrote them about the truck and realized that they could not do anything about it. The guy then decided to come out and apologize to Richard and tells him that they should have looked at that as soon as we got there instead of making us wait that long. They sent us to the ThermoKing place and we spent 4.5 hours there. They finally got the problem fixed and we were on our way home. When we got to my moms she had supper cooked....meatloaf, potatoes, and peas. That was the best meal that I have had in a LONG time. I didn't realize how much I would want to have home cooked food after being on the road that long. Now I know why Richard always comes home wanting something cooked. He doesn't even care what it is as long as it is home cooked.

I had so much fun being with Richard on this trip. I can't wait to go again. I was so afraid that we would be ready to kill each other and want to get away from each other, but we didn't even have argue the whole time we were gone. I hope every trip goes that well. I even had a couple of days that I would just cry for no reason and he just let me, he never said a word. I have the best husband in the world, he says its because he has the best wife in the world. I am not so sure that I believe that. I plan on going on many more trips with him. But for now I plan on spending time with him this weekend before he leaves out again on Monday. I hope everyone has enjoyed the pictures, and I hope that I have not rambled too much!

This is where we spent the first half of Richards first day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment