Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday August 6, 2009

The day started off great! We were able to sleep all night with no interruptions. We got on the road and headed out to Odessa, Texas. I have always loved Texas, but I hope that I never again have to go to the west part of the state. There is nothing out there, it was the longest ride of my life and the longest drive of Richards. I had to fight to stay awake. We make it to Odessa to drop our load and then decide to go to Loves to get fuel and a shower. We were hungry so we went into McDonalds at the Loves for what we thought would be a quick bite. Boy, where we wrong! We spent 30 minutes trying to explain what we wanted to eat. I don't know why they could not understand that we did not want pickles on our cheeseburgers. Anyway, we finally get our food and get to eat. I had been craving ice cream, so Richard told me to go up and order me an ice cream cone. I ordered it and paid for it, then the girl says oh I forgot our ice cream machine isn't working right now and asked me if I would like to have something else instead. I told her no, so she had to go get the manager to refund my money. The manager then comes over and tells me again that I can't have ice cream because the machine isn't working. I again say that's fine, could I just please have my money back and she just looks at me. Finally after 10 minutes of explaining that all I wanted was a refund I was finally refunded my money and we were able to leave. I hope to NEVER visit that part of Texas ever again!

On the road again!

I finally got to see the windmills that Richard had been telling me about!

And the funny thing is...it really did stink!

and some more windmills

wait....I thought we were in Texas!

more windmills in the distance!

and some more!

Oil Well

these were everywhere too!


after what seemed like an eternity, we finally got to our first drop off at the Family Dollar. Heading north to Amarillo

and we ran into more construction

loading the Fed Ex Plane at the Airport!

sunset over Amarillo

Gorgeous sky

Downtown Amarillo

Wells Fargo in Amarillo

another one of the beautiful sky

and another "Grandpa Moon" to end the night!

1 comment:

  1. OH....Amber...Grandpa is riding with you and Richard and don't you know he is having a blast!
    For the benefit of those who do not know...Grandpa moons are full moons. My grandfather lived with us the last 8 years of his life.On days with full moons, his Alheizmer's was always worse. So fuul moons always make us think of Grandpa and are very special to us.

    ReplyDelete