Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday August 12, 2009

We left Amarillo and picked up some meat in Dodge City, Kansas. On the way, we had to go thru a small town and while there I watched a little dog get hit by a truck. It was so sad, so of course I cried all the way thru the town and did not get any pictures of that place. The dog was running straight towards Richard, but he was able to slow down. The dog then ran into the next lane beside me and a smaller truck hit it right in front of me. It was so sad, so then of course I started thinking about all my little doggies at home and what I would have done if that was one of them. I just don't handle things like that very well at all.

Historical Route 66.....one of these days I will actually get to go on that road!

Amarillo by morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W.O.W. Amusement Park in Amarillo

and again

this is in Oklahoma.....all the trees are like this in Oklahoma and Kansas. The wind is so hard that they now lean. It was not fun riding thru there with the wind blowing that hard. And I know that it was not fun for Richard to drive it. He had a very tight grip on the steering wheel.
The video is a clip of us going under a very low bridge. We went under this the last time we came thru Amarillo, and I recorded it then, but the file did not transfer to the computer then. I thought I would be able to go under it this time without getting scared, but nope......it still scared me to death. We can only clear 13'6 and this bridge was 14'1. We only cleared by a few inches!



No comments:

Post a Comment